The Ruach Brigade is Beth El's volunteer coordination committee. Our job is to enrich programming and foster connections by matching potential volunteers with the needs of our community.
Beth El has been voted in J Magazine as the "Best Venue for Social Action in the Bay Area Jewish Community." To continue these good works, we need your help! There are many ways for you to become more connected to the Beth El community and to do a mitzvah at the same time! Is there something here that interests you? Can you help us to continue and develop our social action programs?
Be on the lookout for Ruach Brigade listings, plus below is a list of our current volunteer needs:
- Mitzvah Volunteer: Could you shop, deliver a meal or do an errand for a congregant who is ill or in need? Sign up on the Mitzvah Corps website!
- Laundry Maven: Can you handle one more load of laundry? We occasionally need table linens picked up, washed and returned to Beth El.
- Jew-By-Choice Mentoring: Could you mentor someone going through the conversion process?
- Welcome Ambassador: Could you be the friendly face of Beth El by welcoming visitors at services/events or give tours to prospective members?
- "House" Work: Can you help around the building (e.g., electrical, carpentry, painting, gardening, sound)?
- High Holiday Needs: Could you help plan a holiday program, coordinate rides for congregants needing transportation or help with the Yom Kippur break fast?
- Marketing & Events: Do you have public relations or marketing experience? Help us get the word out about programming and events!
- Oneg Maven: Can you help prepare, arrange or serve food at onegs or other special events?
If you're interested in any of these opportunities, want more information or want to do something that isn't listed here, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.