Beth El has been voted in J Magazine as the "Best Venue for Social Action in the Bay Area Jewish Community." To continue these good works, we need your help! There are many ways for you to become more connected to the Beth El community and to do a mitzvah at the same time! Is there something here that interests you? Can you help us to continue and develop our social action programs?
Below is a list of our current volunteer needs. Also, fill out our form to let us know other ways you'd like to get involved!
- Mitzvah Volunteer: Could you shop, deliver a meal or do an errand for a congregant who is ill or in need? Sign up on the Mitzvah Corps website!
- Homeless Meal Help: Congregation Beth El has been serving a wonderful, multi-course chicken dinner to 125 - 200 people on the third Sunday of each month for over 20 years. Sign up to serve at the next meal. Sign-ups are by time and task.
- Lay-Led Torah Study Drash Presenter: Our weekly Shabbat morning Torah Study drash (teaching) is led by our volunteer members.A different congregational member presents her or his interpretation of the week's Torah portion, followed by a lively discussion. Sign up here to present!
- Laundry Maven: Can you handle one more load of laundry? We occasionally need table linens picked up, washed and returned to Beth El.
- Jew-By-Choice Mentoring: Could you mentor someone going through the conversion process?
- Welcome Ambassador: Could you be the friendly face of Beth El by welcoming visitors at services/events or give tours to prospective members?
- "House" Work: Can you help around the building (e.g., electrical, carpentry, painting, gardening, sound)?
- High Holiday Needs: Could you help plan a holiday program, coordinate rides for congregants needing transportation or help with the Yom Kippur break fast?
- Marketing & Events: Do you have public relations or marketing experience? Help us get the word out about programming and events!
- Oneg Maven: Can you help prepare, arrange or serve food at onegs or other special events?
If you're interested in any of these opportunities, want more information or want to do something that isn't listed here, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.